Couples often find themselves having the same fight over and over, and then find themselves talking to each other less and less. When this happens, the sense of distance and disconnection starts to feel permanent.
Do you feel like your relationship is at a standstill? Are you and your partner stuck in the same argument loop every night? Do you feel like you and your partner are drifting away? Or do you not want to repeat the mistakes of other relationships and want to have a healthier baseline for your relationships before things get heated?
Regardless of the reason, almost everyone that has been to couple’s therapy says they wish they started sooner. All things can be improved, with just a little support, no matter how big or small. In couples therapy, you will
- learn about yourself and your unmet needs
- learn the necessary skills to communicate
- learn how to overcome the roadblocks that are blocking your relationship connection
- learn and understand what your emotions are telling you
- learn how to repair arguments so they don’t destroy your relationship
Dr. Hamdan specializes in relationships. She firmly believes that attachment issues from our childhood disrupt our adult development and lead to a variety of issues in our adult relationships. She is passionate about helping people learn to have healthier relationships, which requires people learn about their developmental wounds that get acted out in relationships. She believes we are fixated on blaming our partners for our issues, but we never step back and realize that the only person we can focus on is ourselves.
Dr. Hamdan is trained in three different relationship specialities. It is rare to find a therapist trained in all three modalities:
- Imago – Clinically Certified Imago Therapist, developed by Harville Hendrix, author of the best-selling book, Getting the Love You Want, as seen on Oprah
- Gottman – Level 1, 2 & 3 trained therapist
- Emotionally Focused Therapist – certified in Sue Johnson’s attachment based therapy known as Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
In her practice she believes one size does not fit all and a variety of modalities are used to best serve client’s needs. If you and your partner are struggling today or want to learn how to have a healthier relationship, please reach out. You will wish you did sooner.
Note: If you are in a difficult relationship situation and want something more than the traditional one hour week, we conduct intensive sessions that may be of value. Please see “couples intensive” section to learn more.